How to Overcome Being Unemployed and Afraid
“Let us approach the throne of grace with confidences,
so that we may receive mercy and
find grace to help us in our time of need.”
Does God provide more grace during difficult times in our lives? Does He respond with understanding when we ache? Do our tears communicate our anguish to God?
There are times in your life as in mine when we feel at the end of our resources. Things are out of control, life is full of confusion, the emotional pain (or physical) is overwhelming. Maybe this is your life while you are unemployed and afraid as you engage in a job search.
- The money is running out.
- There doesn’t appear to be opportunities you qualify for.
- You sense friends and contacts are tiring of your requests for assistance.
Rest assured, God hears your cries, sees your tears, feels your pain. The great thing about a personal God is that He knows you and what you are facing. The great thing about a God who lived among us is that He knows something about pain, because He has faced it.
God does respond to life’s challenges. Check these out:
- Tears, God collects our tears (Ps. 56:8)
- Pain, God brings comfort (Isa. 66:13)
- Loss, Jesus wept in understanding (Jn. 11:35)
- Illness, God sustains (Ps 41:3)
- Bleak future, God gives a future (Jer. 29:11)
- Broken hearts, God heals (Ps. 47:3)
- Confusion, God brings peace (I Cor. 14:33)
- Mourning, God brings encouragement (Matt. 5:4)
What’s your greatest pain right now? Have you shared your pain with God, not your desire for a specific solution, but how the pain is making you feel? Are you feeling fear, anxiety, loss, anguish, physical pain itself? Tell God.
His response may not be an immediate deliverance; even Christ on the cross wasn’t delivered immediately. But He will build your character. He will develop your inner person. He will give you stamina. He will give you a testimony. He will respond with His resources.
Holy Comforter, I am feeling __________ (you fill it in) right now and I fear for the future. I need you and your resources right now.
If you would like to explore working with a career coach, contact us for a no-obligation consultation and we can discuss your situation, what you would like to achieve, and structure your job search to fit your uniqueness.